(Remember that story, the bushman? Well here’s the sequel) NEW SEQUEL TO THIS STORY COMING SOON!!!!

The Bush Boy

By Zedekai Di Florio-Pulis

If you don’t know what has already happened…

Billy Wesley has been picked up by a crazy bushman, Rick Bones, and they have been wandering the bush ever since, saving people’s lives. They have also bought a young girl with them, Alisha Allen, who is REALLY annoying. She just wants to get back to her normal life, but also wants to stay alive. Her only option is to learn the ways of the bush people, and to stick with Rick and Billy. She just wants to stay around a bit longer, because if it wasn’t for Rick and Billy, she would only have one singular leg…

We smashed through the bush, our calves burning. We had been running for hours.

“Rick! I think it’s gone!” I yelled. I didn’t get an answer. It must mean stop. We were running from a huge rabid wolf. Buckets of sweat pouring from my forehead, my clothes drenched, as if they had just come out of the washing machine. My body heavy, I came to a slow stop. I slumped down against a tree. Something was wrong. Something was…missing. “Rick,” I turned around. Rick and Alisha were gone.

“Rick? Alisha? Where are you?!” I yelled through the whole jungle. I ran even more. It felt like an endless room, covered with green wallpaper and carpet. I think the wolf must have got them. I found a trail of some kind of dog’s footprints. Wolf footprints. It was going in the opposite direction to the way we ran. I ran and ran. But something made me top in my path. I found a wolf. It was the wolf that had been chasing us, I recognised the scar over its lip. I also saw that it was lying on the ground. I cautiously put my hand on its body. It wasn’t breathing. I also saw that it’s eyes had been gouged out. I stared into the two small holes of black abyss. Then I saw the knife. There was a knife with a woven leaf handle. At the end of it, it had a small tooth of some animal hanging of it. I pulled it from the wolf’s body. Trying not to make blood ooze everywhere. I recognised the knife. It was Rick’s. He had killed this wolf.

I ran past the wolf and spotted more clues, I found a rag, it had been ripped from a fabric. A dress. Alisha’s dress. The flowery pattern flashed in my mind. It had probably been torn on this branch, where I found it. Then I found a red bandana. Straight away, I knew his was Rick’s. I kept running I found a locket. It had an ‘A’ engraved on the front of it. It was a beautiful. This was Alisha’s, I remember seeing it around her neck the first time we met. I opened it with a small click. I saw two pictures; a man and a woman. I guessed they were Alisha’s parents. I had been running for hours and hours. Where the hell are they? I thought. I haven’t found any more signs of them. Oh, I’m so tired. I panted and panted. I stumbled over, I couldn’t breathe. I closed my eyes.

When I woke up, I felt like a zombie. The blinding sunlight shined in my eyes as soon as I woke up. My legs were stinging like mad.

“OW!” I yelled. My legs had been bitten by bugs. I grabbed a long leaf off a tree and wiped the blood of my leg, smearing some green substance on my leg from the broken leaf. I walked a bit further, and found an aloe vera plant. Thank you! I thought. I wiped some of it on my scabby bug bites. I walked on. I was really hungry, and also thirsty. I had to find food and water fast. I really felt like I was going to starve, then I saw the coconut. I scrambled up the tree as fast as lightning. I tried sweeping my arm and grabbing the coconut, but missed, and slid roughly down the tree. I tried again and again, but just couldn’t reach. I was starting to become hangry. I am so angry and hungry. I couldn’t take it! I jump the highest I have ever done before. I swiped the coconut and slammed back down on the ground, landing on my feet, slamming the hard ground beneath me. I grabbed the coconut and cracked it open against my knee. I didn’t care about the pain, all I cared about was the coconut. I slurped the cool coconut water down my throat, not even wasting a drop. I felt so much better.

“Ahh,” I said, relieved. I hadn’t had something to drink in a very long time. But I was still hungry. I searched and searched for food, and just as I was about to give up, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. A mango tree. I grabbed all six of them and ate them slowly, savouring the delicious, sweet taste. After I had eaten all six, I kept searching for Rick and Alisha. I looked and looked more and more. Days passed, weeks. Maybe even months.

“Fire!” I heard people yelling. I ran to where they were. Finally, civilization. I ran straight to where they were and helped them put out the fire. When the smoke had cleared, I saw that I was in a small wilderness camp.

“Thank you so much!” I heard a young girl say. I recognised the voice. It was Alisha’s voice. I spun around as quickly as I could.

“Billy!” she said as she saw me. “I had no idea it was you,”

“I have been looking for you two for months, where did you go?” I asked. As I said that, Rick came from behind her. He looked at me sternly, with his deep, dark blue eyes.

“We have been looking for you everywhere too!” said Rick. I put my hands in my pockets.

“Yow!” I said. Rick’s knife. It was still in my pocket and it had given my finger a little cut. I handed the knife to him.

“Ahh. Thanks mate, thought I’d lost it, stabbing that wolf back there,” he said.

“Why did you run away? I’d thought I’d lost you and I’d have to live in the wild on my own, surviving 0n fruit and coconut water!” I said.

“That’s how I survived out here. Been out here twenty-nine long years,” He said.

“Rick, how did you get stranded out here?”